* Reshooting (like in the movies) Online Chair
Caning, & Seat Weavers University Forum tm
I really truly feel in some
ways like "The Man In Black" if you remember
that great song by none other than the great "Johnny Cash."
If you have not heard
that great song with the absolutely great lyrics I would
to give it a very soul searching, & thoughtful listen on the net
because it is very, very relevant to the world unfortunately
we very, very sadly
live in today!
* "One thing you can't
recycle is wasted
make the right choice the first time!"
* Forum Question?
* SPLINE REMOVAL TOOL? STEAMER?
* Good! Bad! Worse! Terrible!
Great time saver (If you do not damage the chair's
* We all know how very time consuming it is to remove the
Spline from a Machine Cane Chair Bottom!
* Bad! Steam Water damage to
the chairs' finish (if it is not
* Worse! Putting a coat of paste wax (Cheap Furniture
over the machine cane chairs' original finish for
* This was not Originally on the chairs' finish ( & removal if not
correctly) will further damage the chairs' original finish!
* This is a "sheen, glow, aura,
etc., esp. as the result of age,
Terrible! The damage cannot be reversed or undone once it
done Unless...you have the experience, & knowledge
of a museum
conservator / refinisher!
* Note: And then it's never really 100% back to original!!!
* Would you know how to undo the damage
after damaging the finish
using the wrong products! Doing a Denatured
Alcohol Test? Etc.?
* Personally thanks; but no thanks for removing a
spline with a steamer!
* Note: I will coninue using the method museum conservator
have used which has stood the test of time!!! And
I never, ever have
to worry about damaging the finish from a
See "about Seat Weaver, & Writer" for Museum Clients!
Note: Paste wax brands to use as follows before using
Spline Removal Tool
Steamer (if you choose to use this method!!!)
* ANTIQUAX * BLACK BISON
* GODDARD'S BUTCHER BLOCK
* RENAISSANCE WAX
* WHY? Correct "Wax Protection for Furniture!!!"
* Forum Question?
* Twisting Cane?
* RUTH COMSTOCK BULLEIN ANSWER!!! BELOW!
* 1. Cane Seats: http://ecommons.library.cornell.edu/handle/1813/3932
P. 12, & P. 13 with tutorials, & illustrations!
Forum Question ?
How To Nail Cane Off Without Splitting The Cane?
You drill a pilot hole in the cane you are working with using
the smallest size wire drill bit, & nail the cane in
splitting the cane the majority of the time!
Be absolutely sure
the cane you are working with is well soaked!!!
To Purchase, & Where!!!
Mini Chuck, & Wire Drill Bits For Your Drill
Note: "Perfect for model making, clock making, or
project." Seat weaving included! "For wood, metal, or plastic. In-
cludes size No. 61 (.039") to No. 80 (.0135") with an indexed metal
Online Chair Caning, &
Seat Weavers' University TM Class Starts March 12th, 2009
join us, have fun, & LEARN MORE!